Student Leadership Team
The Leadership Team will be limited to 8-10 qualified students at the middle school and high school campuses. The LECS Leadership Team will learn areas:
- Personal leadership, which encompasses learning more about his or her self and developing life skills that strengthen self-image.
- Organizational leadership, which engages individuals in practicing skills for decision making.
- Community leadership, which focuses on individuals organizing to create community change.
Student Leaders are required meet with their Coordinator once a week during lunch, however, they will be asked to work together on projects and assignments throughout the week during lunch or after-school.
All Student Leaders must meet the following criteria throughout their term:
- Remain in good standing and maintain a GPA of at least a 3.0
- Maintain good attendance
- Must not be placed on zero tolerance
In addition to intensive leadership training, highlights of the program will include, mandatory leadership training through the annual LECS Leadership Retreat.