Health & Safety
Lifeline Education Charter School has established the following policy to ensure compliance with our rules on workplace security. Management of the school is committed to ensuring that all safety and health policies and procedures involving workplace security are clearly communicated and understood by all employees. All employees are responsible for using safe work practices, for following all directives, policies and procedures, and for assisting in maintaining a safe and secure work environment. Our system ensures that all employees, including supervisors and managers, comply with work practices that are designed to make the workplace more secure, and do not engage in threats or physical actions which create a security hazard for others in the workplace, include:
• Informing employees, supervisors and managers of the provisions of our IIPP for Workplace Security.
• Evaluating the performance of all employees in complying with LECS workplace security measures.
• Recognizing employees who perform work practices which promote security in the workplace.
• Providing training and/or counseling to employees whose performance is deficient in complying with work practices and designed to ensure workplace security.
• Disciplining employees for failure to comply with workplace security practices. Communication Lifeline Education Charter School recognizes that to maintain a safe, healthy and secure workplace we must have open, two-way communication between all employees, including managers and supervisors, on all workplace safety, health and security issues. Lifeline Education Charter School has a communication system designed to encourage a continuous flow of safety, health and security information between management and our employees without fear or reprisal and in a form that is readily understandable. Our communication system consists of the following checked items:
• New employee orientation on our establishment's workplace security policies, procedures and work practices.
• Quarterly review of our IIPP for Workplace Security with all personnel.
• Semi-Annual scheduled safety meetings with all personnel that include workplace security discussions.
• Posted or distributed workplace security information.
• A system for employees to inform management about workplace security hazards or threats of violence.
• Procedures for protecting employees who report threats from retaliation by the person making the threats.
• Addressing security issues at our workplace security team meetings.