- Personal illness
- Quarantine under the direction of a county or city health officer
- Medical, dental, optometric, or chiropractic appointments
- Attendance at funeral services for a member of the immediate family
- Participation in religious instruction or exercises in accordance with Charter School policy.
- For the purpose of spending time with a member of the pupil’s immediate family, who is an active duty member of the uniformed services, as defined in Section 49701, and has been called to duty for, is on leave from, or has immediately returned from, deployment to a combat zone or combat support position.
- Appearance in court
- Attendance at a funeral
- Observation of a holiday or ceremony of his/her religion
- Attendance at religious retreats for no more than four hours during a semester
- Attendance at the pupil’s naturalization ceremony to become a United States citizen
- Three (3) tardies in one quarter: Office and/or teacher will call parent or guardian and offer counseling service
- Five (5) tardies in one quarter: Office and/or teacher will call parent; the student will serve after school detention
- Seven (7) tardies in one quarter: Mandatory conference with student, parent, teacher, and administrator
Referral to Appropriate Agencies:
It is the School’s intent to identify and remove all barriers to the student’s success, and the School will explore every possible option to address student attendance issues with the family. For any unexcused absence, the School may refer the family to appropriate school-based and/or social service agencies.